We are in your corner.
When it comes to parenting, everyone could use a helping hand now and then, and we’re here to lend the support you need. From baby’s first steps to that first loose tooth and beyond, parents experience just as many “firsts” as their kids do. Having a place to turn to for answers can be a big relief. Visit our new web-site www.Parentville.org to find those answers!
And if you have any questions at all, we’re right here – in your corner.
The Parent Coalition:
Calling all Parents of Children 12 and Under.
The Great Start Parent Coalition provides practical support to parents and gives them a voice in the community on issues that affect their children. Members of the Parent Coalition will receive:
- Up-to-date and reliable information on infant and toddler development that is useful in the day to day adventure of raising a child
- Opportunities to learn about parenting and child development through seminars, trainings and parent peer groups.
- Connections to community resources for raising safe, healthy and successful children
- Many opportunities to volunteer. Help connect other families to the resources they need.
To join the Parent Coalition please contact our Parent Liaison, Cheryl Latsch at (231)260-2307 or email@example.com.
Parent Meetings & Family Fun Nights
No commitment needed. Just join us for parent fellowship, enrichment topics, family fun and dinner. Bring the kids. Child supervision is available during the parent meeting. See our Calendar of Events page for dates and locations.
Play Groups and Storytimes
for children age birth to 5 years old and a parent or caregiver
Parents and children can play and learn through music and movement, stories, creative art and other fun activities at our Play and Learn Groups. PLUS - you will receive a FREE book for each family!
Storytimes at your local library are full of fun! Our local libraries also have great fine -free material to read and bring home for hours of reading with little ones. Find a library location near you and visit today to get your free library card:
- Muskegon Area District Library, (231) 737-6248, madl.org
- Hackley Public Library, (231) 722-8000
- Fruitport District Library (231) 366-6107
- White Lake Community Library (231) 894-9531
Looking for Child Care? Visit Great Start to Quality to find a guide to selecting quality child care that will fit your unique needs.
Give your child an advantage that will last a lifetime! Research over the past fifty years has shown that children who had preschool learn both cognitive skills and social skills that puts them ahead in school and life! Muskegon County has more than 1,400 preschool slots.... to learn more call 231-767- 8300.
Check out this Parent's Guide to discover how you can help your child get ready for this exciting time