Autism Spectrum Disorder Coaching
Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Consultants work in cooperation with local school districts teams in Muskegon County to provide coaching support for the implementation of evidence-based practices for students with ASD. The ASD Coaching goal is to build a team's capacity to work together and problem-solve around challenges. Evaluations for educational identification of ASD are provided through the local districts. Teams who determine that coaching support is needed throughout the evaluation process may apply for evaluation coaching.
Examples of Service
- Coaching of teams around implementing universal supports and evidence-based practices for students on the Autism Spectrum.
- Coaching for Multidisciplinary Evaluation Teams around comprehensive evaluation practices.
- Coaching support for building coaches who support their local staff within their district.
- Provide professional development focusing around universal supports and evidence-based practices
- This ASD Coaching Framework link can assist in learning more about ASD Coaching Services and delivery methods.
- Teams within Muskegon County schools supporting students who qualify for special education services under a school eligibility of an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) with approval from a special education administrator.
- Ideally, teams will apply for coaching before they are in crisis. When a team is in crisis it is much more difficult to process and do the foundational work to make a slow and steady change to individual school systems to promote the success of all students.
- START (STatewide Autism Resources & Training)
Referral request form link
Request for Consultation