An education in the arts helps students learn to identify, appreciate, and participate in the traditional art form of their own communities. To support this work, the MAISD arts services collaborates with community partners to bring many different arts experiences to our schools annually. In addition, professional development is offered to area visual arts educators.
Intended Outcomes of Service:
Students will participate in arts experiences in the areas of performing and visual arts. Visual arts educators will strengthen their subject area knowledge and collaborate with various community partners to make their programs stronger.
Examples of Service:
- Coordination of events or one-time PD offering in a timely topic
- Group of classroom teachers (grade level, department, etc.)
- Providing or leading training on a specific topic (conducting a workshop)
- Coordinating an event, activity, or collaboration
- Muskegon County Visual Arts Teachers
Throughout the year, the MAISD holds professional development offerings for all subjects, including the arts. To view offerings and register, visit the MAISD Professional Development page.