An information hub, designed by the Great Start Collaborative to help Muskegon County Families give their children a GREAT START.
Allison Keessen, Coordinator, Great Start Collaborative
231-767-7285 or email.
Cheryl Latsch, Parent Liaison, Great Start Parent Coalition
231-260-2307 or email.
Birth to 5 Development
- Did you know 90% of your child's brain will be fully formed by the time he or she turns five years old?
- Learn more about each stage of your child's growth.
- Find support and fun opportunities for you and your child!
- And when being a parent seems hard, remember: You have what it takes to help your child grow! All it takes is H.E.A.R.T.
- Parents are a child’s first and most important teacher!
- Read early. Read often. every day, everywhere and everything! Also, hug, play, ask questions, sing, and talk to your child every day to get them ready for school.
- Read more about what makes a child ready for Kindergarten.
- READY? SET! GO! Visit the Kindergarten Enrollment page to take the next step!
WE ARE IN THIS TOGETHER! Connect to other parents and support by reaching out to any or all of these key contacts:
Muskegon Parent's Initiative
Leigh Moerdyke, email, call 616-446-6100
Fathers Matter Coalition, Dads on Deck and Project Fatherhood
Norman Young, email, text or call 616-304-8360
Fathers Matter (Class & Support Group)
Timmy Smith, email or call
(Calendar, email, and links to family friendly events and activities) Kristy Wyngaarden, email
MYAlliance System of Care
Kevin Schmidt, email, text or call 231-638-9720
One Love Two Homes
(for co-parenting support and education) email
United Parents (for single parents)
Stephanie Harmon, email or call 231-726-4161
Read more about the Parent Coalition, Dads, and Co-Parenting Tips.