Schools of Choice
The Collaborative Schools of Choice Program is a plan that offers parents and students a choice to attend other public schools in the Muskegon Area Intermediate School District outside their district of residence.
The Schools of Choice application process operates according to established guidelines, which are:
- The Muskegon Area ISD Collaborative Schools of Choice Program is designed to provide academic options for students.
- The number of choice students enrolled is determined by the space available in the receiving district. If application requests exceed space available, a random draw will be used.
- All transfers will take place at the beginning of the school year. No mid-year transfers will be approved. All non-resident students are expected to attend their schools of choice for the entire year.
- The receiving district has the right to refuse students who have been suspended, expelled or have excessive absences.
Graduation/Promotion Requirements and Curriculum/Class Scheduling
- Parents, guardians and students participating in the Choice Program for the first time are required to meet with a building administrator or counselor prior to the start of school.
- Choice students must meet graduation, promotion, curriculum and credit requirements of the choice district in which they enroll.
our mission statement
To provide the leadership, programs and services which complement and enhance the efforts of constituent school districts in extending educational opportunities to all studentsDave Sipka
Phone:(231) email@example.comRandy Lindquist
Associate Superintendent for Academic Services
630 Harvey Street
Muskegon, MI 49442
Fax: (231) 773-1028